Citrix has created a tool to remove the Citrix Receiver software completely from your Windows system.
It is recommended that you run this tool before you install the new version of the receiver.
Click the following link to download the tool: ReceiverCleanupUtility.
How to use the tool?
- Download the ReceiverCleanupUtility.zip to a location on your computer. For example, the downloads folder.
- Double-click and unzip the file to your computer.
- Make sure you are logged in with administrator rights on the computer.
- Double-click the program to start it, then click “Run” when get the message: ‘The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure to run this software?”
- Wait until the program is finished and reboot the computer.
- After the reboot the Citrix Receiver can be installed, as described on the homepage installation Telework Portal.
- Reboot the computer after the Receiver is installed.
If the problems are not resolved after performing the Clean-Up Tool, a new user account can be created on the computer. This new user account can then be used to connect to the Telewerk Portal. For Windows computers, this is described in the article Issues after repeated attempts of installing Citrix Receiver (Windows).